MixEmergency 2.0 has arrived!
Hamilton, New Zealand – March 27, 2012:
Inklen is excited to announce the release of MixEmergency 2.0. Since its first release in 2008, MixEmergency has quickly established itself as one of the leaders in the Video DJing industry – and as the software of choice for many of the world’s top Video DJs. Now, with MixEmergency 2.0, Inklen continues to lead the way, helping to push boundaries for Video DJs. “For 2.0, we’ve focused on effects, as well as much needed features for the expanding requirements of working Video DJs.” says Nick Feisst, Director of Inklen. “A huge amount of work has gone into MixEmergency 2.0 – I think a lot of Video DJs will regard it as setting the standard for Video DJing software from today.”
MixEmergency 2.0 opens the door for beat-synced effects, transitions, and Quartz Compositions. These components stay perfectly synced to the currently playing audio beat, thus increasing the impact of visuals and the cohesion between audio and video. Effect and transition plug-ins, that take advantage of this system, will be released for download over the coming months on the MixEmergency website.
MixEmergency’s new Automatic Border Fill feature allows users to fill any empty areas around their videos with one of several effects. This means that if a 4:3 video is played on a 16:9 screen, then there no longer have to be empty areas at the sides. Previously, Video DJs would have had to edit their videos to add border effects (which is time consuming), or crop or stretch the video to fit within the screen (which looks bad).
New in MixEmergency 2.0:
– Added Blend Modes for effects.
– Added Grid/BPM control mode for effects and transitions.
– Added automatic border-fill overlays.
– Added MIDI output.
– Added video camera input as an overlay.
– Added effect and transition change notification system.
– Added Advanced Output options (with basic projection mapping and output size control).
– Added pop-up editor for the effect Mapping Graphs.
– Quartz Composition Overlays can now be saved and triggered as presets.
– Added layer/shift modifiers for MIDI controls.
…and much more!
A full list of changes can be found on their WEBSITE.